Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
406cu.in. of tire smokin' fun
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the APT wire wizard in a book the other day, but I can't find one.

I think the company is out of business, but does anyone know where I can find a similar product?

For all those that are unfamiliar with this product, it keeps the plug wires from crossing over by keeping them straight directly out of the distributor. It was like a cap with the wires molded into it.

Seems like a good idea, so I'm not sure why the company doesn't exist anymore. Maybe it was more of a novely, but it sure looked good.

Thanks

·
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I couldn't find anything for the HEI coil-in-cap distributors. I think they have similar products for the external coil models.

Minor detail I forgot to mention in my initial post.

·
Registered
6,009 Posts
Pre-Tuner said:
I couldn't find anything for the HEI coil-in-cap distributors. I think they have similar products for the external coil models.

Minor detail I forgot to mention in my initial post.
I think you're right. I wasn't thinking about HEI w/coil in cap. Some were called Crab caps for external coil. I can't remember seeing any for internal coil caps either.

·
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The crab caps look better than what I have now. I just switched from TBI to a carb and the wires don't look as nice as they used to with the external coil.

I may just end up getting some cut to fit wires to make it look better, but it still won't look as "tidy" as the wire wizard thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.