Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stepdads got a 2006 dodge hemi, he is getting rid of the stock 20's and he wants to get some smaller rims with better tires that are more suitable for his work truck. I was wondering if Dodge and Chev's 5 Lug will interchange? i want to put these rims on an 89 s10 blazer. Any info on adapters if they wont fit??

·
Registered
16 Posts
wheel lugs

measure the two farthest lug holes at center of holes. One hole top position, measure two holes that are next at left and right, their distance. Also, measure the center hole of the wheel. Best I can tell you.

·
Super Moderator
18,347 Posts
Better check the backspacing of the wheels.......

Back in the day, Dodge and Chevy bolt patterns were not the same...doubt if they are now either.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
poncho62 said:

Back in the day, Dodge and Chevy bolt patterns were not the same...doubt if they are now either.
Your S-10 Blazer has the standard Chevrolet 5 on 4.75 pattern. It uses a 7/16 ths stud ... That's for sure :)
I seriously doubt that a Dodge truck has that pattern.

Larger and heavier vehicles require a stronger wheel bolt pattern. Chevrolet and Ford trucks use a larger pattern than their cars of the same year. Chevrolet trucks use the 6 bolt pattern now and for many years Ford used the 5 on 5.5 wheel pattern with 1/2 20 thread lug nuts.

I hate wheel adapters ... :smash:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i had one tucked under the truck before just sitting there, it looked cool. but i dont have the 7/16 studs they are the 1.50 or .50 i cant remember. The bigger ones. thanks for the replies though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts