Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Slider in Wa.
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1988 Chev, but the dually "BUD rims will not clear the brake drums. Same bolt pattern, same center hole. Are there more than on size brake drums used on duallys?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
There might be, maybe the drums you have now havnt been turned before and the brakes are adjusted outwards further to compensate for a drum that HAS been turned before. Try adjusting the brakes in some, if that doesnt work then the drum must be a different size.

·
Slider in Wa.
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sliderinwa

Thanks guys. I am talking about the BUD rims fitting over the drum. They will not fit over the rear "DRUM" brake drums. There must be two sizes. I need to know for sure. Where can i look? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks to all of you for your response. Keep them coming.

·
WFO
5,030 Posts
There are many wheel sizes for the Budd's. You may just need a larger wheel diameter than the ones you are trying to fit.

FWIW, there are disc conversions from drums to disc that will allow smaller diameter Budds to fit truck axles. But you're looking at a ~$500 hit.

·
Slider in Wa.
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Feeling kinda foolish right now.

Back to square one. Just slowed down and took a new look at the rear end. It is a Dana 70 10 bolt. I had mistakenly i.d.ed it as a corporate 14 bolt. Now can anyone answer my question about the "BUD" rims not fitting? Thank you in advance.

Do Dana 70 use a differnet size of BUD rims?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.