Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the ritual most of us go through every couple years. Empty the garage, organize a bunch of shelving and storage, and then cram everything back in. I'm only doing the "car" side of my garage, not the shop side (which I did during paint booth conversion) but it's still a three day job. It's a two bay garage with 4 bays worth of keeeerap.

But I did finally unearth my roadster from under all the rubble. It was sort of like turning up a barn-find.

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,859 Posts
Build a shed somewhere where you can hide it, cram all the stuff in there like the ladder. I hang my ladders on the side of my shed, out of site. When you live in Ca. where space (our lot size) is limited, you can get creative. I use the attic in the garage and my shed for a lot of stuff that doesn't get used much, we have a 2 car garage and we park both cars inside. I need to clean my shed someday, I am going to send you all my extra stuff.... :D You own what I would describe as my dream retirement home, on a lake, 4 seasons, ideal!

·
My 2 cents worth
2,843 Posts
Want some more stuff????????? :D

Dinger saw my shop yesterday :D It was nice meeting you Dan. :thumbup:

LOL, I was getting ready to move, but the plan has changed for now. It's been too hot for me around here lately, and I have the same GRRRRRR feeling.

Stephen

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
old fords said:
thats an awesome shop. Is that a lake in the background
I was only cleaning and organizing the "car" side of the garage. Here's a couple shots of the actual "shop" side. It stays fairly clean and organized because I just dump all the hazardous waste over on the "car" side...until I'm so deep in keeerap that I finally have to take a week like this one to clean it out. Basically it is a four car garage divided down the middle - fabrication shop on the right, car storage on the left. The shop portion is insulated and heated for year round use.

And yes, we do live in northern Wisconsin on Pokegema Lake which is part of the Fence Lake/Flambeau chain --with over 10,000 acres of water. Here's a shot off our front deck.

Some of the frequent visitors on our deck.

And some of the frequent visitors in our trees (shot taken from front deck).

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,859 Posts
carsavvycook said:
Want some more stuff????????? :D

Dinger saw my shop yesterday :D It was nice meeting you Dan. :thumbup:

LOL, I was getting ready to move, but the plan has changed for now. It's been too hot for me around here lately, and I have the same GRRRRRR feeling.

Stephen
Hey Stephen, the pleasure was all mine. I enjoy meeting our members, and there hasn't been a dud in the bunch!

Dewey, I will trade you straight across for a house in central California, no bears, no water, no dirt roads, lots of people, a very safe environment, just in case maybe you get tired of all that dangerous wilderness stuff. Very little rain, a little fog, lots and lots of sunshine, no snow. And no raccoons! :D No fooling, straight across!

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dinger said:
Dewey, I will trade you straight across for a house in central California...
Hmmmm, tempting, but can I walk out on your dock after supper and catch one of these?

Or keep one of these in the back yard?

Or have winter fun like THIS?

(Actually, the part about not waking up and finding raccoons in my boat sounds pretty attractive.)

·
Premium Member
11,051 Posts
cboy said:
Or have winter fun like THIS?

(Actually, the part about not waking up and finding raccoons in my boat sounds pretty attractive.)
Cboy.. I was laughing really good ''UNTIL'' I saw the last picture..Now I have to clean my monitor off..LOL I now have Coke all over it ..:drunk: :eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.