Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering I am getting ready to install window run channels in my 1939 Chev sedan. Is there a glue that would work for this? Would it possible work on the side whiskers also? I bought them in 8ft. lengths.

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,460 Posts
You typically can screw them in on a car like that. I have never did a 39 Chevy but on similar cars I have done the channel was screwed in with a very short little flat head screw. When tightened the screw bury's it's self into the channel a little so the head is below the surface and the glass or glass frame doesn't hit it. Same with the whiskers, a small flat headed screw to hold it on. Even the ones in my 65 Buick are held on with screws.

I don't like the idea of glueing it at all, seen it, seen it fall out, seen it get glue on things, don't like it.

Brian

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,460 Posts
bracketeer said:
get friction tape. lay it over the glass. push into run channel. Don't know how they keep side whiskers in place. contact cement possibly
I think he is talking about the window runs, not the frames that go around the glass.

Brian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.