Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed the ambient light sensor($14) and it didn't fix it. I notice that the DRL and gauge cluster lights don't come on auto. anymore. They only work if I turn them on manually. The stereo and OHC display turn on and off. They'll be on for a while and then go off for a while. They come on and stay on when I turn them on manually by the headlight switch. They come on when the DRL and dash come on when I turn the switch to the parking lights position. The headlights seem fine. They come on auto. with no problem. They don't come on when the E brake is on whick is normal.

I recently installed a OHC with van. mirrors and rear view auto. dim mirror and a code alarm remote start/ security system with carlink. Also, fog lights that I had hooked into a relay off of the headlights, but I recently removed them from a relayed circuit straight to a aux. switch

Could it be one of them things causing the problem or is there a switch or relay that is bad, BCM maybe?

·
The mobile view is crap
1,876 Posts
Your post is very confusing. Not sure if I even read a question in there. But, you say everything works fine when you pull the light switch. So........wouldn't the easiest fix be to just pull the light switch?

·
Get in, sit down, hang on
2,785 Posts
What is the vehicle?

My 98 Grand Prix GTP has all the toys and whistles in the electronics and lighting depts. I never even touch my H/L switch ... Twilight Sentinel does it all.

I'm not sure if the US even has DTRL as standard equipment to this day. It was mandatory in Canada as of what ... 1991, IIRC.

Anyway, I'd be suspicious of the remote start, as I've heard WAY too many "that circuit needs a diode installed or ..." horror stories.

Call it fear (or common sense), but I have had a brand new Viper (TM) remote start in the bottom drawer of my toolbox since 2002. :embarrass

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.