Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Steve here,

I live at the bottom of the south pacific in New Zealand so head to L.A then jump on a 13hour flight.

I have an 89 Suburban 6.2ltr . I know what you are thinking - odd choice and that's not a gas engine. You are right on both counts. The truck is used to tow various race cars and in a country where this truck costs more than a 95 evo lancer or wrx subarau rice burner it attracts attention. It is in line for a full but mild rebuild body - interior - and mechanical. Only thing is everything not self made has to come on that 13 hour flight I mentioned and you guessed it - that ain't cheep.

Anyways my other car (as suggested by my login) is a miata so obviously brand loyalty is questionable:)

I'll be around looking and trying to learn and maybe in time asking some (hopefully not to stupid) ??.

Seems like there are going to be lots of important things to learn from some clued up people - 14 years of fixing aircraft does not prepare you for this.

If you see me around or see me asking a question that begs to be mocked you just know that you wont be able to stop yourselves so go right ahead and mock as required.

·
Premium Member
8,453 Posts
Welcome to the site! There are no right or wrong cars just right or wrong attitudes. Miata's can be made into really fun rides, there are so many after-market hot rod parts made for them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for that, in a country where like I said an old chevy truck costs more than a real quick ricer (and ours are all JDM as they come straight from Japan with no work done, emissions remapping computers changing panels) both my rides are considered a little different.

Esp the miata since I'm not a hairdresser and that's what they are known for over here.

Anyways as I said I'll be watching and learning for a while, especialy enjoyed reading some of the bodywork info as my burb has the traditional clear coat peel off that seems to be common.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts