Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a B&M 144 on a 1990 305 Iroc motor. I have had it blueprinted and the heads re-drilled to accept the early intake bolt pattern. I haven't started it yet but all is ready to go. I would like some instructions on how to start and tune and what to set base timing at. Can anyone help? Thanks Dano

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
B&M supercharger

:thumbup: Hey thanks guys I appreciate the help. To update, the engine it is a 30 over stock Iroc roller cam motor with 9-1 compression,charger pulleys are top 3'' bottom 6'', carb is a Holly 600 for superchargers and the dist is a curved hei with a vacuum advance that should do the trick. The cam is a stock iroc roller cam with roller rockers nothing to fancy. Trans is a modified built 700R4 with a 10'' narrowed ford 9'' rear 370 gears. I was thinking I could set the timing at 28 and use an ign kill to turn it over then kick in the dist. Does this help. You guys Rock!!!! Dano

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
vacuum advance

I am curious why the vacuum would go to the intake instead of the direct port on the carb,is it because of a more constant source ? Do you think I can run 10-12 degrees base with the vac advance pulling to 28-30 ? Dano

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
B&m 144

:D Thanks F BIRD for the info and all the tech help. I haven't started the engine since the swap from TPI to supercharger, but plan to this week and will follow your instructions... and will keep you apprised. Thanks again Dano
ps; I see you are a Pont fan, just sold my 71 Lemans convert with the T41 GTO nose. It went to Holland.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.