Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased their 30229 street/strip kit for turbo 350. Anyone installed one or have some first hand thoughts? Thankyou

PS. My engine builder says its plenty good for my street use,375 HP 450 ft/lbs. For what thats worth

·
Registered
6,009 Posts
Should work fine. I'm not sure what modifications their shift kit includes. Look through Jakeshoes TH350 build at the top of the trans/rear section, it has some Mods to the seperator plate etc.. that should be all that is needed.

·
Banned
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I was in my teens I had this beautiful Jade green ford pickup, 351C, bucket seats,four speed. Just to die for. Oil changes back then got done, even when they should, but hey on 4.50 an hour I didnt enjoy the thought of 8 or 9 bucks on oil and a filter, but I grit my teeth and did it. Didnt have a garage ,it was all laneway mechanics. The girlfriend was over. Oh good lord you've never seen the likes of her and with shorts on that had equal parts in as out. As I get my last quart of quaker poured in I'm standing in bare feet wondering what that warm gooey feel is between my toes. Damn them shorts. Yes I will remember the drain plug. Its getting winter up here and even if it werent 40 years have done weird thing to those legs that I seem to be able to keep my mind on drain plugs just fine

·
My pipes are my music
2,936 Posts
Actually, I was talking about the trans. pan fluid drain plug that comes with
your 30229 tranny kit. Nice story though, ain't nothing out there that will distract a man faster that the female torso! :evil:

·
bentwings
2,608 Posts
I have a B&M o'haul and shift kit in my T350 although I didn't build it myself. I really like it. We deleted the kickdown feature per my instructions and it has worked perfectly so far. I adjusted the mod pressure a little and it now shifts into 3rd at an even 90 mph at full throttle. It shifts hard enough to bark the 14 inch Hoosiers going into 3rd at full throttle. It also can shift nice and smooth at part throttle. Quick and firm but not harsh.

I installed a drain plug and trans temp bung.....after the fact however.

Also installed a Lokar locking dipstick which cured the dipstick leakage.

I have a 3000 rpm converter and trans cooler in front of the radiator. It runs at 150 deg F or less most of the time except when tire testing..haha or on the dyno. Then it goes to 175 max.

·
Banned
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sqzbox said:
Actually, I was talking about the trans. pan fluid drain plug that comes with
your 30229 tranny kit. Nice story though, ain't nothing out there that will distract a man faster that the female torso! :evil:
A wink from the vertical smile will get ya

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.