Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 72 truck with V-8 350ci., mild cam, headders, 4-BBL with rebuilt 350 Th-350 auto transmission. What is the difference in the B&M Trankspak vs. Shift Improver Kit? I am looking at the Stage II- Hi-Pro/Street/Strip option. The Transpak states you can downshift at any speed and hold the transmission in first gear to any speed you want. My question for a quick shifting mostly street driven truck, which kit would be the better choice? There is only about $30. difference, so which kit would you buy? Also what about "Improves Transmission Life"?

·
Glad To Be Here
2,240 Posts
I have installed the B&M Transpak in two different TH-350 transmissions. One with the trans in the vehicle and one that I put on a stand. The installation is very easy (I had never even dropped the pan on an automatic before). I really was pleased with the results. I used the Stage 2 Street option. Shifts were very firm. Up Shifts at WOT were awesome.

As to "improving transmission life"; I don't know. Seems to me that the reason for installing the kit using the option I did would not increase the life as it is a performance improvement which would have a tendency to increase the overall "wear and tare" on the trans.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.