Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
World Class ASE tech
704 Posts
Never backordered any headers from Summit. I did have them backorder a set of wheels for the back of my T Bucket. Summit told me when they would be here and they were right on the money. Also had them backorder a flywheel a few months ago and it came exactly when they said it would be here. So hopefully they will get your headers when they say they will.
My guess is Summitt has some big buying power with these vendors and gets what they want when they want it.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanx guys. i didn't think i would get any responses.

i have back ordered from summit before. the order was cancelled after 6 months(i don't remember what the part was). but i figure this is outta summits hands = hooker mails the headers when they feel like it. thats why i was being hooker specific.

"if" anyone had my headers in stock. i sure wouldn't want to pay their price. they are expensive enough from summit. and i do have some time to wait, i just don't want to wait 6 months.

·
You got a leaky spark tube...
2,854 Posts
The newer Hookers seem to fit fine, at least the ones I used did. I put a set in my 72 K5 and they fit fine. We dropped an identical set into my friends 71 K20 and also they went right in.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I have always had excellent luck with Sanderson headers,, they made the zoomies that are on the 33 in my avator from pictures,, it took 3 sets to get right,, but they never stopped working to get them right,, they let us keep the other 2 sets that were not exactly right,, and just charged us for 1 set, their customer service is excelent,, maybe because its owned by a woman :thumbup: bill

·
Premium Member
4,097 Posts
Bad Rat said:
I have always had excellent luck with Sanderson headers,, they made the zoomies that are on the 33 in my avator from pictures,, it took 3 sets to get right,, but they never stopped working to get them right,, they let us keep the other 2 sets that were not exactly right,, and just charged us for 1 set, their customer service is excelent,, maybe because its owned by a woman :thumbup: bill
And Donna is purdy too :thumbup: I always call Sanderson first.

Just recently Summit jacked us around on a special order from wilwood. I waited 5 weeks and finally called wilwood direct and got a different story than what summit was giving us. I canceled the order because of summits lying conniving weasley ways.

I'd call hooker direct and ask them if that part number is in stock at their warehouse before I called summit. On that s.o. stuff it is best to contact the mfg first, anyway.

Later, mikey

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.