Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Instagram: partsretriever
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cops at Cruise Night

1. I posted this in "general rodding tech". Don't ask why. Have a moderator remove it please, since this is an updated versionin the proper place.
2. This place is kinda out in the boonies a little, the itty bitty town of Dorr, Michigan.
3. The local fire department had a fund raiser there with firemen, a couple of trucks, etc. and they had no problem with "tire durability testing" going on.

One time I was at the local cruise night, (on a good night A LOT of muscle/classic/rods ; 2 football field size fields full) and when they leave, alot of them like to light 'em up:). Well one night (just after school started) one guy got pulled over for it. I thank God for they guy in the fox-mustang who just lit 'em up real good (lotsa smoke) leaving the other way when that cop was after the late model f-body, and all others with a bit of rebel in them. Most people are respectable and know their limits; they let up when the back end kicks out, some guy in a diesel leaves some idiots on the edge of the road blocking the rodder's view of oncoming traffic in a big cloud of diesel smoke (haha suckers! Those kids should be banned for safety purposes and for blocking the views of more respectable fellow rodders)

They should've pulled over this one guy with a big late 80s/early 90s ford on big mud tires with "balls" hanging from the diff. He leaves and spins 'em (no smoke and the mufflers sound sucky), turns around and does it again prolly 3 or 4 times about 30 seconds each time. That's when it gets obnoxious. Or the import geeks that stop in the middle of the road and get 1 tire to chirp. Then there's 2 "low-and bling ding with my chicken wing rollin on duhhhs:pimp:" cars that left the place scraping up the road with lotsa sparks (fire hazard).

Note that this is out in the country, on a rural road. It'd be a lot different if it was the suburbs. There's a few houses across the road, and a pharmacy and pizza place kitty corner. And a cemetary next door.

-any "bad cops" crash a cruise night for anyone?

-matt
p.s. one last note: those idiots that were standing on the edge of the road (inches from it) blocking the vision of the guys leaving and us more respectable spectators, one of them has a Ford Excursion. White, fully loaded, ricer taillights (yucky), nice wheels and ~33inch off road tires, duals, sounded like the v10,and the guy tried 3 or 4 times to get them to spin and not even a chirp was heard. I haven't seen that barge back since. He should've done it like 2 young people there. One kid has a blue '69-72 ish Nova that's nice and clean, another has a Chevelle that is kinda rusty aong the bottom, and there's a 75 Camaro that's real clean with built 350 (roller cam, Dart heads, etc.) for $5500. That shows ya the stupidity of people that stand on the edge of the road.

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
people along side the road a problem.....

Or is it the ones on the road we need to be concerned with?

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
The cruise-in I went to in Sugar Grove, PA. was well known for this kind of displays.

It still happens on very infrequent occasions, but the town has enlisted the assistance of the Warren County Sheriffs office, the Penn State Police, and they don't all come in cars as they want as many views as possible.

There is usually an officer at most of the corners around a half hour before the official ending time of the event, even though they patrol like they do- there are the occasional less intelegent drivers that ask for the tickets they receive.

Big difference from the car show up in Olean, NY. where they have a burnout contest for anyone willing to shred the rubber for a trophy.

I'll take 'em either way.

·
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the stupid people alongside the road I was speaking of were inches off the road; probably blocking the vision of the guys leaving the place. I stand prolly 8 feet off the road; I'm close but not in the tire smoke. Well sometimes I am if someone gets happy on the gas.:p

·
Registered
102 Posts
There's a weekly cruise at Target here (Saturday nights). We had a really good time when we went, until we stopped to talk to a few friends near the end of the parking lot. Anyhow, there's a cop standing about 7 feet from us, and get this! He's radio-ing out to other cops, telling them all about the cars that are leaving! Is that crooked or what! I swear, that should be illegal........it's nothing more than selective trapping. :rolleyes:

·
im on a highway to hell
688 Posts
i'm a little confused here are you saying that only people with muscle cars should be allowed to do burnouts?

don't get me wrong i like a good burnout just as good as anyone else but anything like that in a public uncontrolled environment is trouble waiting to happen. there's a time and place for everything and a public road with a large group of people around isn't one of them. leave that to the shows that have an area for burnouts or the local drag strip

rich.

·
Registered
77 Posts
thre is no bad cops.

there is strict cops, and there are lightend cops, then there are unfair cops.

you get put in a posittion with power that great and see if you can make friends w/ everybody

"low-and bling ding with my chicken wing rollin on duhhhs :pimp:"
whats wrong with lowriders? theres is some stupid new stuff that are thoses, but there is the 50's and 60's lowriders. so wich were these? new or old?

·
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is a rural area I'm talking about. Town population: 31 or something like that. Okay, realistically probably a couple hundred. Only the stupid people stick their heads out too close to the road; there's a fence ~15 feet from the road and most of us stand up/sit on the fence.

There really are no bad cops; if the guy sticks his car out sideways or somethig like that, then that's understandable since it's a safety hazard then to mailboxes and stupid people on the side of the road. But what's up with the fire dept. being all cool about it? :)

If this was te suburbs, or anyplace relativley busy/crowded, then it'd be wrong in my opinion.

The lowriders were new; a well done S10 (I've seen that truck around a bit; he's in a lowrider club and most of those guys seem pretty cocky), and the other... ummm... I think it was a 2wd '90s silverado.

As for muscle cars doing burnouts, they do 'em the best. The guys that do one, then come back again, turn around... like the guy in the big muddin truck, is obnoxious. I get enough buzzing when I use the weed-eater so I don't feel like hearing a Honda chirp one tire on its way out.

a "typical" burnout here, hmmm... anything from grandpa leaving casually (no burnout) in a '62 or 63 409 Impala, to a guy leaving casually then gunning it (getting rubber in 2nd and 3rd of course) in a Hemi Superbird, to http://www.musclecarcalendar.com/sb_22.htm

this is a little more serious on the "typical" end of the line http://www.musclecarcalendar.com/SmokeyBurnouts/RyanBurnout/SBRyanCamaro.htm

and maybe once or twice a night a couple of guys get carried away like:evil: http://www.musclecarcalendar.com/sb_17.htm

p.s. hope ya like the movies :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
every time we hang out "about 20 - 30 people" we always get kicked off the local k mart lot. we just hang around and talk and such. we are in normal parking spots and we don't do any illegal stuff. yea it sucks but thats the most fun we can have around here with out getting drunk or any other illegal things

1 - 9 of 9 Posts