Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok to start things off this morning i wake up an hour and thirty minutes later than usual so instead of 6:30am i get up at 8:00am, and thats what time i got to be at work. For some reason last night when i set my alarm i set it or 6:30pm not am! Any way soon as i get dressed i go out to let the car warm up cause its very chilly this morning. I get out there and not only did i forget my keys in the ingnition from working on it last night i locked my keys in it. So im running around trying to find my spare key , i find it get the car running finish getting ready and head out to work. I get there start working and everything goes fine till after lunch. Go out to work on the dump truck and smash my hand in the door, finish that and think im headed home for the day ( 4:00 pm now) but i have to work a hour late because i needed to do something that i didn't get done because i was late in the first place. Get that done and get home about 5:15 and have a date at 5:30. Call tell her im gonna be about 10 minutes late and i get a quick shower and head out. Get out to the car start up and get ready to pull off and hear something weired so i shut it off and MY FREAKING STARTERS STUCK ENGAGED!!!! So im trying to pull off the battery cable and i cant and i didn't have my tools in the car so i just cut the battery cable with my knife. So now what do i do? My car is broke down and i have a date in 10 minutes. I call her told her i would call when im done she said ok she said we might just have to rent movies at her house instead of go to the movies. So i get starter off and the solenoid was loose so i start to tighten it up and the dang hole is stripped so i find a nut and stick on there and get every thing hooked back up and its back running and i now have a date sat for 8:00 so im headed to the shower then im outta here. Get supper then to her house to watch "movies". Sorry fo the long post but i just had to tell someone. And i knew you guys would listen (read). Im outta here see ya

·
im on a highway to hell
688 Posts
well its obviose whats happening here. its the winter, and the snow. plain and simple. i got 3 inches last night and thats the cause of all the bad luck.

i think i need to find a voodoo doctor to put a hex on this winter stuff.

·
Be American, Buy American!
222 Posts
WQW! That's one sharp knife. I'v cut battery cables before, but i'v always had to get something a little more durable than a knife. If the engine was running at the time you cut it, did you not have a few sparks flying when you got close to the end of your cut. Had you been fishing lately? You need to clean your car cause it smells a little fishey.

Al

·
Banned
431 Posts
Gr8 '48 bow tie said:
WQW! That's one sharp knife. I'v cut battery cables before, but i'v always had to get something a little more durable than a knife. If the engine was running at the time you cut it, did you not have a few sparks flying when you got close to the end of your cut. Had you been fishing lately? You need to clean your car cause it smells a little fishey.

Al
i was thinking the same thing.......
must have been one of those Ron Popeel(sp?) knives advertised on TV at night. :p :D

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Gr8 '48 bow tie said:

Al

If you read my post you would see that i aid " i heard a weird noise and shut the car off" And yes it is a sharp knife. I ll post a picture of what the blade looks like now. Yes i agree you usually need something a little more durable than a knife to cut battery cable but when your starter is grinding against the flywheel and your tools arent handy and a knife is what would you go for? And if you took it that i cut throught the cable with one pass thats not what i meant, i had to practically saw throught it to get it to cut.

Heres knife i have

and heres whats left of the blade

·
Registered
122 Posts
haha sounds like me.. lost my keys which has every key i have on it car,house,garage,work...ect then i loose the face to my radio and i also have lost my bank card and i still cant find any of them :pain:

BAD LUCK

·
Registered
13 Posts
Bad day for everyone it looks like.
I had to go to D.M.V. today.
I have been driving with no license for a month now. It was pulled for no insurance .I had to pay 500 dollar fine ,45 dollar
reinstatement fee, and they made me get a new license.
I did not comb my hair or smile for the picture.Also had to pay 138 dollars for insurance down payment .

·
What to write here?
41 Posts
Linda R. said:
Bad day for everyone it looks like.
I had to go to D.M.V. today.
I have been driving with no license for a month now. It was pulled for no insurance .I had to pay 500 dollar fine ,45 dollar
reinstatement fee, and they made me get a new license.
I did not comb my hair or smile for the picture.Also had to pay 138 dollars for insurance down payment .
Guess in hindsight it would have been cheaper to keep the insurance up...lol. Shouldn't drive without a license. That's just reckless. :nono:

·
Chopper Builder o<>\o
171 Posts
If you dont have the money to pay for insurance, then you shouldn't be driving. No excuses for being irresponsible. People that do what you did end up raising insurance cost for all of us. Take the bus, get a ride, ride a bike, take a taxi, walk or use some of that money your dad helped you pay the ticket to pay for bus fare or a taxi instead of getting into the mess you got yourself into.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It wasnt a ticket .its the fine dmv charges for no insurance.
Also i live with my sister and where we are at NO TAXI service
and no bus service we are in the country and i work 22miles from home.
My insurance payment was only 5 days late they canceled me
i reinstsated it 2 days later .
Dmv wanted proof for one of the days i didnt have it.
Of course i didnt have it .So they suspended me.
Not every one is rich .I have no credit cards.Paycheck to paycheck.

·
Be American, Buy American!
222 Posts
Novaman78 said:
AKM that was not posted towards you it was to Gr8 '48 bow tie.

Ok, so the engine was stopped. You still had the starter motor running, electrical current flowing from the battery to the starter motor would melt the knife. SAME EFFECT. I was born at night but not last night.

Al

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.