Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In December I Started Having Problems With My Truck. It Became Very Diffcult For Me Shift From Gear To Gear. I Took It Around To A Few Shops And Was Quoted At Lowest 1200 To Replace The Clutch. I Was Then Refered By A Friend To His Auto Mech. Who He HAd Used For Years. He Said He Would Do The Entire Process For 500 So I Was Sold. No Problem The Car Drove Like New. But Then I Noticed A Few Days Later A Small Quiet Noise. Sounded Like SOmething Was Winding Underneath The Hood. The Noise Slowly Got Louder Untill It Was Almost Unmanageable. I Took It To A Few Mech And I Was Told My Clutch. I Called My Mech Up And He Swore It Couldnt Be The Clutch But IF So It Was Still Under Warrenty. I Set Up An Appointment And On My Way There The Truck Gave Out. The Noise Grew Loud And It Became Hard To Shift Themn All Of A Sudden I Could Not Get It Into Gear. A Loud Thump Noise And The Gears Were Gone. I Could Move The Gears But The Truck Would Not Move. Its Just Made A Loud Noise. I Had The Truck Towed To The Mech. And He Said It Was The Transmission. Said It Was Gone And He Took it To Get Scanned. They Said It Was Shot. That Large Pieces Of Metal Were Missing And That The Clutch Had Gotten Eaten Up. I Called The Dealer And He Said The Only Time That Happens To A Transmission Is If The Clutch Was Placed Wrongly Or Losely Into The Truck. So That My Transmission Going Out Was Due To A Bad Job By The Previous Mech. Any Suggestions Or Comments

·
Registered
123 Posts
unless you have a written guarantee that he would be responsible for damage done to his work not you really cant do much. you could take the mechanic to court if you wanted not saying that will get you anything. simply put just don't use that mechanic any more and tell every one what an experience you had dealing with him. word of mouth can do a lot of damage. net time you go to a mechanic don't just ask how much as in most things in life you get what you pay for. if you expect quality work look for a clean organized shop that has a waiting list that is moderate that shows they have business they will get your car in and out as quickly as possible but usually do quality work. you can always go the extra mile and ask if you can contact any of there customers that have had work done to there vehicles. if they say no realize that they may just not want you to aggravate there customers but a good shop will normally have 2 or 3 good references that they don't care to give out. good luck getting your truck back on the road

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.