Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Getting ready to built a custom MII front end, was wondering if anyone knows the part number for the Chrysler style screw in ball joints that fit the MII spindles? (upper and lower). If anyone knows which production Chrysler these were used in so I can tell the guy at the local parts store I'd appreciate that as well

Seems manufacturers are a little leery about telling me the part number because of liability since they were never offered on a production vehicle.

Thanks,
Rick

·
Car? Truck? Who Cares
2,485 Posts
I am pretty sure that the 67-73 used screw in uppers

my 67 Chrysler did------73 ply Fury did,------71 Dodge Charger did

Lowers were part of the steering arm, if I remember right.

Bryan

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, so the aftermarket MII front ends with the screw in ball joints are only the uppers and the lowers are pressed in?

·
Registered
218 Posts
FYI takes a special socket to screw uppers in, should be avabile from local parts store as a rental. Have a good strong young man ready to pull the wrench. good luck.

·
Car? Truck? Who Cares
2,485 Posts
That silly socket cost me $45. in the early eighties
Also it is a 3/4" drive---so an adaptor to 1/2 will be needed for most people.
If I remember correctly----torque to 180ftlb.

I only weighed 125 when working on the Chrysler & Charger
4ft breaker bar----thought I was gonna pull the car off the jacks gettin those out. :pain:

Still have that socket somewhere----used it on 3 cars only----so I guess it paid for itself.

Bryan

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool,

I've got a buddy that manages a Kragen here, I bet he can get the socket for me.

Thanks for the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts