Hot Rod Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
well I used what I had and tried to bend it I think it worked ok, I just dont like how messy it looks.
and you can see small nicks in the outside of the pipe. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF1eU3bIeN4
how awful you think it looks?
you think those funny bends everywhere will effect nitrous flow?

Attachments

·
More for Less Racer
19,476 Posts
The flow won't be bothered by the bends as long as you don't kink the line.

You can also get new hard line sections from most all nitrous suppliers, with new nuts and sleeves on the line or just the line and reuse your nuts...will have one end already 37° flared if you want to do the hard line from scratch with a proper bend tool.

If you go to a braided line, you will need to get -3AN male nipple to 1/8" pipe adapters to take the place of the compression fitting currently on the solenoids .

I couldn't have it messy, but that is your choice to make. I like nicely bent hard line...you can get the hard line sections in stainless tube also.

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
I wouldnt sweat it. Get some left over brakeline and practice your bending skills. Once you can duplicate what you want, get the proper hardline and make it look pretty. I prefer the hardline to the braided line, aesthetically. Theres just something about it when its done right, it looks KILLER. Bending and flaring stainless can be an exercise in frustration. I hate it, but its most definitely engine jewelry LOL

Here's some inspiration LOL Courtesy of the master of excess Rick Dobbertin

·
Registered
454 Posts
Go to the hardware store and get a couple feet of large dia bare copper wire. It's easy to bend until you are satisfied with the final shape, then use it as a template for bending your tubing. This also works great for making long custom bent brake lines that have to snake around quite a bit. It work hardens very little, very re-usable for your next project.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Ok thanks guys for the help,
that does look very nice all even bends and straight lines lol ill see what I can all do here,
engine jewelry lol

·
More for Less Racer
19,476 Posts
I don't have any idea about the BG plate looking so messed up, the Sniper plate looks OK.

Have you posted the same vid link over at YB and Induction Solutions?? Maybe they can shed some light.

I have seen some guy's reporting good luck with the BG parts but using the ZEX Perimeter Spray plate.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
ya I did on yb, Induction Solutions isn't working for me, im not sure whats going on the psi and jets same with both plates

·
More for Less Racer
19,476 Posts
Might want to start a new thread at YB, something with Title wording like "Bad spray pattern video, Why? need help" Guy's love looking at video and trying to help figure out things they can see.

Might get seen more than it would in your jetting thread.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts