Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Ask me, Cause I don't know
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 75 Chevy Luv Truck with a 350V8. It had the battery moved into the bed in a plastic battery box that is missing the top. I do not like it in the bed. I have bought a battery mount that that is a frame mount.

The most likely mount points are the frame under the bed near the rh front
The other location would be under the floor like 49-54 GM trucks
Either way battery access may be a problem. I don't have a under hood mount but I could modify a under-hood fender mount to work.

Ideas? Bad Idea, OK idea?
Thanks.

·
"Don't need no V/8"-grandpaw
260 Posts
battery

Will you be drag racing truck? If so I would check with NHRA about battery cut off switches.Why not build a nice alum. cover for battery and keep it where you can axcess it?

·
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not at this time. I am putting a moon style fuel tank in the bed to get rid of the stock fuel tank that was moved there.

Too much in the bed sort of ruins the point of a truck :D
Most of this is to get it to a drivable point, and then change to what may be a better setup.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Doc here,

Were it I, I wouldn't mount a battery UNDER a truck in an open battery box. Any road fodder can fly up and punch a hole in the battery..Not to mention the obvious problems this can cause, a leaking battery can cause all kinds of damage to the underside of the truck from Caustic chemicals..like brake and fuel systems.

I'd Go a steel enclosed or move it under the hood.

Doc :pimp:

·
Registered
28 Posts
PapaG how about putting it where the original gas tank went. I would think you would have plenty of room. I would surely buy a battery with zero maint. or build a door in the bottom of the bed.

This picture is of my 34 ford bed. I am with you as far as to much in the bed. I thought of that but the bed is only going to be used as show and go- to small for hauling. Wife says the bed looks like a little casket- I said don't get any ideas. :)

Attachments

·
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think thats some good points... Small mind, small ideas... Thats why folks are here. OK, I am looking at using part of this holder under the hood if I can. Plus some metal I have at home. I do have some Aluminum diamond plate here, that I could bolt together. I have no way to weld aluminum

1/2 the exhaust is where the fuel tank was. Pipes are run down both sides of the frame and drive shaft. A lot of Luv V8 run both pipes down one side opposite the factory tank. Pipes dump before the rear end.

I guess I could redo the exhaust. It was done before I had it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts