Hot Rod Forum banner

BB Mopar Head Options

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BB Mopar Head Choices Going to finish up my 452 BB Mopar this summer and getting a little itch for aluminum heads rather than the 452's I have for it now. Everything is basic on this build except the custom D dish JE pistons I have sticking above the deck .013" for a tight quench with the 452 iron heads and a 10:1 CR. I plan on running on the streets on pump gas in a Cobra Kit Car. I am not looking for anything over .550 lift cams, .500-.510 is about max. I don't think a BB Mopar is going to have too much problem moving the car.

I don't have the valve train yet or intake and headers so not to much is holding me back from investing in aluminum heads. Any more questions and I will try to answer them by posting and re editing this first post.

I have not made any hard choice other than I want a bolt on replacement.

My options so far are:
Brodix B1 BS
Edelbrock RPM Chrysler 440
Indy 440-SR
Mopar Stage VI

·
Registered
455 Posts
More info- street driven, how much, what you consider "liveable" as far as cam, duration, LSA etc.... compression, etc etc etc....

B1'a and several Indy heads make good power, and Edelbrock and StageV1 heads in a light car wouldn't be too bad either depending on cubes, cam etc....

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
QuenchPiston said:
............ I plan on running on the streets on pump gas in a Cobra Kit Car. ............
Unless you're going all out racing you don't need to spend big $$$ on aluminum heads. In a Cobra kit car your problem isn't going to be manufacturing horsepower its going to be transferring that power to the pavement. Spend the money on the chassis rather than the heads and you'll be better off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts