Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have a question; anyone know if the first two cam journal on a BBC 7.4 are supposed to be machine or as cast? 3-5 are machined. Thanks for any help on this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have attached a picture (hopefully attached). The Motor is a 496 stroker BBC that I bought from Blue Print. Had a noise that I did not like so I did a tear down and found the noise and figure I change out all the bearings while it was apart. I did not think I had a cam issue until took the bearings out. Waiting on the new cam bearings to find out what the OD of the bearing is supposed to be.

Attachments

·
WFO
5,030 Posts
I have attached a picture (hopefully attached). The Motor is a 496 stroker BBC that I bought from Blue Print. Had a noise that I did not like so I did a tear down and found the noise and figure I change out all the bearings while it was apart. I did not think I had a cam issue until took the bearings out. Waiting on the new cam bearings to find out what the OD of the bearing is supposed to be.
That texture looks to have been caused by bead blasting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.