Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a used edelbrock torker 2 intake manifold for a 454 that I am building. When I went to install it, I noticed that the fitting seems off. The manifold appears to not cover a hole that appears to be a coolant port. Does this look normal or is something wrong? Thanks for the help!

·
Global Moderator
9,751 Posts
that hole goes no where. typical gasket covers the hole. At least the gasket used to cover the hole

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
The 1972 - 1979 Pontiacs have a similar hole above the carburetor heat passage from the center cylinders. The hole serves as a heat insulator from the exhaust passage. It supposedly helps to prevent the cylinder head from getting red hot in the area above the passage and burning and coking the oil that is splashing around inside of the valve covers.

·
Global Moderator
9,751 Posts
Great, thanks for the info! Just wanted to make sure!
of course. I guess the guys on the HAMB dont see many BBC , where you asked same question.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha yeah, I tried a couple forums and got nothing so I figured I would take the shotgun approach and see if I got any responses. Thanks again guys!

·
Registered
172 Posts
I recently bought a used edelbrock torker 2 intake manifold for a 454 that I am building. When I went to install it, I noticed that the fitting seems off. The manifold appears to not cover a hole that appears to be a coolant port. Does this look normal or is something wrong? Thanks for the help!

That doesn't look right.There is nowhere for the bolts to go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts