Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been "creeping" around here alot lately and finally had a reason to join. I know I gotta "introduce" myself but I got a dilemma I need to find out an answer for fast. Can anyone tell me if the serpentine setup from a late 90s L29 454 will bolt to say a mid-late 70s 454 block? I know theres a ton of different generations of big blocks that were made so im not sure. I have a line on a complete belt setup for my car but dont wanna waste the money if it wont bolt to my older engine. Another quick question---will this truck belt setup fit in my car? The car is an 83 Monte SS. I have heard about the power steering hitting the steering box in cars but wasnt sure if it was this setup. This is what the setup looks like. Any input/advice is appreciated.
http://www.vortec454.com/index_files/image398.jpg

·
Registered
661 Posts
Checked around on a couple of other sites, I'm pretty sure they'll fit. I just put a gen V BBC in a guys truck and except for the one piece rear seal and the electric fuel pump they look identical. I'd love to have one of these, put one on my small block and love it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.