Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a 66* day in Dec and I have taken advantage of it. My wifes Cuz was in town for the Holidays. He is a very successful guy who happens to like cars with muscles. His first was a 67 Mustang Fastback that he bought right after his first tour in Viet Nam. Even though it has close to 300,000 miles, it is restored(body wise) and the 390 motor has about the best of every thing and the drive train has had the same treatment. Still a very strong car that has made many passes on the drag strip on "run what you brung" events. He has several other 65-69 Mustangs including two Shelbys. The latest one is a 100% original big block 69 that has the factory Drag Pac. The tires are even original but are no good. It only has 23,000 miles on it and he has not decided if he is going to do a total restoration or just freshen it and drive as is. His wife has an O5 Mustang GT and a 97 Mark IIIV that is in storage. His latest toy is an 07 GT 500 that he trailed here to the mountains for some fun (his tow truck is a Ford 350 dually diesel that has some goodies). He has had the GT 500 to the strip and his best time has been 11.6/126. He says he is the problem and the car can do better. It got sideways with him when it broke loose at about 60 MPH and 2nd gear. He took me for a short ride and it is impressive. We then had to take him for a spin in the pickup and he questioned which one would be the winner in a side beside shoot out. I would concede since the 700R4 is no match for the 6 speed. He agreed I probably had him on HP per pound. We then went for a spin in the Dually. I will say spinning all 6 wheels is impressive in a 7500 pound vehicle. He had me hold the brakes and put the throttle to the floor and when the turbo kicked in, the brakes would not hold the rear tires!!!! Talk about a donut burner!!!

See, us old guys like to have a little fun once in a while!!! "The only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys!"

Trees

·
Sloe Lurner
193 Posts
Your sooooo lucky

Here in Denver we got 3 1/2 feet of snow and as I'm typing its supposed to snow another 10-18 inches tonight. Hell the Trans Am still looks like a stay puff marshmellow. JUst a bump of white out there. The ruck is taking up hte whole garage right now. Take a drive for me will ya??!! :thumbup:

·
Get in, sit down, hang on
2,785 Posts
Other than a week or so of frigid temps (-30°C= -22°F) in November, we're having a fairly mild winter here in Alberta Canada too.

Temps have been hovering between the freezing mark (0°C = 32°F) and (+10°C = 50°F) for the last 2 weeks under chinook conditions. The ground was getting pretty much bare until yesterday, when we got 2 or 3 inches of snow.

The sun, although very low, was shining brightly again today, so the roads were wet and sloppy again.

It's also nice to be on the uphill side of the winter solstice now.
Daylight Calculator for Calgary, AB

Dec 28th: 7 hours 56 minutes of daylight ... that's 3 minutes more than the 22nd.

Summer Solstice:
June 21st: 16 hours, 34 minutes of daylight.

Check out NASA's J-Track which shows the areas of light and darkness on the surface of our planet in real time.

·
oldsmobile compatible
166 Posts
Manitoba is stupid mild too. As much as I'm enjoying the nice weather, I'm kinda bummed that there's really not enough snow for some serious snowmobiling nor are the lakes and rivers safe to travel upon, and also I just find the weather kinda freaky.

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,859 Posts
Trees, glad to see someone is getting nice weather, we're kinda cold here, 30s at night, low 50s in the day, a cold breeze all day long.
It's also nice to be on the uphill side of the winter solstice now.
I love it. Getting off daylight saving time will bring my energy level up about 60 points. Dan

·
Just one of the guys
3,074 Posts
Het DV8....Post some pics of the white stuff. I heard this morning that after CO. gets hit with this round that there is another behind it with another 1'-2' and should hit the beginning of next week sometime. Here in Ohio we haven't had but one little snow that stuck for a few hours and melted. It's supposed to be in the low to mid 50's today and mid to upper 50's tomorrow. Then because what you guys are getting we are supposed to get rain out of it. All next week shows in the 40's for us. Last year at this time the snowblower was getting a workout along with the furnace!!! If we can get thru January with these mild temps and the first few weeks of February then we'll do good. 6 weeks ain't too far away. The bad thing the last time it was like this we had a hot, dry, drought of a summer. Bad thing with you guys and all the snow is when it decides to melt which it will probably want to do all at once. Let's just keep clearing out the Rain forest and everywhere else. No one has any normal weather anymore. It's either one extreme or the other.

Kevin

·
Hotrodders.com moderator
9,581 Posts
It is chiily and sunny here..glad to have that as I am a bit worn out with floods and windstorms..power outages and all of that..

Sam

·
Registered
1 Posts
Warm Weather

The weather here in WI has been warm and wet,40's,and I have been LAZY!!,I have a another 3 day weekend going and I better get going if I am going to get that van done before camping season,whish every one a safe and happy New Year MWH :D

·
Another crazy plowboy!
8 Posts
Are you sure it's December

Yeah I painted some sheet metal today, didn't even have to turn on the heat. I can deal with this. We will probably get our a55es kicked in January. I would sure hate to not see my heating oil delivery truck. Everybody have a happy happy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.