Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I think I finally found one. I went and looked at a 1968 Cadillac Sedan Deville this evening. It was fairly solid and had, near as I can tell, only surface rust. His asking price is 500, and I think given the condition that is a fair price. I did not hear it run, but both the oil and tranny fluid look ok. The tranny fluid did not smell all burnt up. Needs some interior work and just a real good cleaning on the outside. Also needs two tires. Needs a few little things to make it running. Needs a new trunk lock. But it looks like an ideal project for my current budget and needs.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
$592.86 with the towing bill has it setting in my driveway.

I need to do some cleaning and assessment. Interior needs a ton of work. Body is pretty good aside from needing paint. One missing piece of trim, 2 dents, needs a trunk lock, and some surface rust. No rust through so far. But I have not seen under the carpet. Need minor pieces replaced here and there. Need to clean the engine compartment. Belts felt solid. I think it needs some electrical work. I honestly think it may be low mileage(odometer reads 25k) and just set a lot in its life. Unless the odometer stopped working at some point, which is possible. Needs rear exhaust hangers. Lots of little things and the interior basically.

If I gain nothing else, it has the best of the 472s under the hood. Will post pics later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.