Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure if this is the right forum to put this under...i have a stainless beer keg that i want made into a gas tank...do they sell a kit where i can get a fill, vent and a fitting to hook to fuel line?

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
speedway .

I bought the fuel filler and cap from speedway drill and tap for screw on, , I tapped a hole for a compression fitting on the top. , 5/16 I think. then bought a new steel line at the parts store, cut the end at 45 * then drilled thru the fitting so the tube would go all the way thru to the bottom then up i/8 and tightened the compression nut...For a vent I got one out of a 70's ford pickup tank and drilled a hole with a uni-bit step drillbit for the ford grommet then pop in the vent

·
Banned
2,440 Posts
Ok here's the deal bring your keg for the gas tank & your parts. Follow me now, And a FULL KEG & Tap , Also 4 bags of ice. I have the tub!!! We will B.S. a while Have a few. Then i will Drill , Weld, Adapt what ever. Then you leave come back in two or three days and pick up the Empty.

·
Registered
9,050 Posts
hum, whats the deposit on a keg today??
Nowhere near the fine for having one. Unless it has a bill of sale from a scrap yard.

I worked in the beverage business for more than a few years. The bottlers get real unfriendly about losing their usable containers. Cost a local utility company here thousands of dollars for mis-using deposit containers.

·
Registered
224 Posts
The last beer keg I welded a couple of bungs and a spout for wine making for a buddy. It was in fact stainless. TIG'ed them up and pressure test. All good. I would imagine any stainless motorcycle tank bungs and fill caps will work as well as stainless NPT bungs to thread in for fuel feed fittings and returns. The possibilities are endless.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.