Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
back at it again after 30 year
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a number of pressing issues, I have a bad blinker switch, wiper motor and overheating issues.
1)I have the switch and steering wheel puller, after pulling the wheel off, will I run into a plate that needs another tool to remove a snap ring?

2) after three wiper motor tries to find the right one, I've got one coming in the mail, I also have a bad switch.

3) The car has 145,000 miles on and a rebuild was done 50, 000 miles ago, I imagine and tested, the radiator was in need of fluid, filled it and started engine, shortly thereafter she drained, I added another half gallon. Leading me to believe the thermostat is good, the radiator looks to be original.

4) Finally and most frustrating is I cannot seem to find a diagram of the fuse box and what amperage fuses to place in each area. The instrument panel will not light, get idiot lights on start up, the instrument panel fuse in there now is only 4 amp. There is one exception, if I leave that fuse in all idiot lights but temperature light, take it out non light but temperature?

Any help, preparation ideas on any of these would be appreciated

·
Banned
2,474 Posts
go here

Team Chevelle - Online Performance Your total resource center for Chevelles & El Caminos.

your monte came with 2 different type wiper systems.. one is hidden (wipers park behind hood, out of sight) and the other type you see them when parked..

if your motor is wrong again.. I have one here.. just needs the pump half fixed (they make a pump rebuild kit it's like 9 bucks..

but for all the info you'll ever need go sign up at that forum..

·
Registered
437 Posts
Most GM cars have the tail light circuit tied into the dash lights. The brake and tail light sockets tend to rust and short out , you can usually clean them up. I have had to break the bulbs and use pliers to get the metal part of the bulb out of the socket. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Most GM cars have the tail light circuit tied into the dash lights. The brake and tail light sockets tend to rust and short out , you can usually clean them up. I have had to break the bulbs and use pliers to get the metal part of the bulb out of the socket. Good luck!
I always thought that was a great feature, loose the fuse and no dash lights, gives you a heads up you are without taillights too.
I learned that many years ago when a Washington State Trooper pulled me over one night.
He came up to the window and the first thing he asked is do you have dash lights,LOL.
Told me there was a gas station just up the road and he would follow me there so no one ran into the rear my sweet 73 RS Camaro.
1 fuse later all was good, never did fail again as long as I owned the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts