Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will a bellhousing off a 2.3 S10 pickup fit a 350 chevy block with a 5 speed tanny

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have heard that one. Paid a guy in New York 110.00 to ship me the bell housing. I wanted it cause of using a hydraulic clutch and the S-10 bellhousing has a mount for the cylinder. But It did not work because although the bolt pattern was the same...it was one bolt hole pattern off so that the tranny had to set 'rotated about 30 degrees. Thus the shifter would not mount properly. Seem to remember some starter mounting problems also...anyway the bell housing is still laying around here and its hydraulic mount was perfect its bolt pattern was off by one bolt rotation.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Only the 90 degree V6's will have the same bolt pattern as a chevrolet V8 (3.8, 4.3). 60 degree motors use a different pattern. Is the 5 speed a single piece deal or can you remove the bellhousing from the transmission?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
clucth

dmc12mk3 said:
Only the 90 degree V6's will have the same bolt pattern as a chevrolet V8 (3.8, 4.3). 60 degree motors use a different pattern. Is the 5 speed a single piece deal or can you remove the bellhousing from the transmission?
yes the bellhousing is remove. what size clutch can i use i want to use a 11in clutch and flywheel can i do that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts