Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Hauling A55 BURNING GASS!!!
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesterday i decided to do some doughnuts in an empty parking lot and when i was finished i noticed my power steering was gone but i had to get out of there quick so i just kept driving home (about a 2mile drive) and i noticed my battery power droped really low. so i pull up at my house and shut the car off and i hear a boiling noise under my hood so i poped it really quick and looked and my radiator overflow tank was boiling over and my temp was really high like 270 or close to it. i waited for it to cool off till i looked at it and i noticed one of my belts fell off the one for the water pump and altornator and i guess power steering. i put it back on and it seems to be running fine but im worried that something might be damaged. Should i be worried? it prolly ran at 270 for like 2 or 3 mins but i havent found any leaks like head gasket and such

·
Not Considered a Senior Member
10,722 Posts
The Effect of V belts is one comes off they all do in some cases. I`d say drive it some and see how it does, if it runs okay and don`t skip and no water turns up in the oil it`s likely okay, but let this be a reminder, watch your gauges more closely, that`s what there in front of you for, and keep the doughnut stuff down, you can`t enjoy your ride without a license.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.