Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so i'm new here and this may be a dumb question, but does anyone know if they make a tensioner for a 6 rib serpentine pulley with a long water pump? I only have an alternator and water pump on the pulley and I can't get it tight enough by hand, it slips and squeals at high rpm. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Sweet. I'm pretty sure i have a reverse rotation pump. That's counter clockwise rotation right?
I just went outside to check for you and the fan and waterpump turn counter-clockwise on the 1996-2003 Vortec 305-350 engines.

Chevrolet Performance pArtys also sells a complete serpentine system as well, but I cant see it being inexpensive at all. It is a nice kit though. Jegs and Summmit sells it. It varies from $600-$1000 depending on options
http://www.jegs.com/p/GM-Performanc...Serpentine-Belt-Drive-Systems/752514/10002/-1

peace
Hog

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Hogg, I appreciate it. That's a lot of cash for a man of my stature haha. I'd rather drop that kinda money on a tranny and torque converter. I'm probably gonna see if I cant find a tensioner off one of those vortecs for now until i'm ready to dress up my pulley system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.