Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was not able to find Ospho locally. I could not even find a place on the internet where I could by one quart. I did check the Ospho website and could not find anyone selling less than case quantity. What I was able to purchase was PPG Chemfil DX579 metal cleaner.

I was hoping to hear what products and brands folks have good luck with.

-- TBD

(P.S. if you happen to know of a national chain that carries Ospho, I'd love to hear about that too.)

·
Registered
792 Posts
I have used PPG acid DX 520 SG metal conditioner with excellent results.
I have used PPG metal cleaner with excellent results.
I have also used different brands with excellent results.
I have even used aluminum brightener on a small project with excellent results.

I have never found a bad acid etch metal cleaner.

Just remember to rinse/wipe acid off before it drys.

A little acid goes a long way. Maybe 4 to 8 oz for one car.

·
Registered
369 Posts
TBD said:
I was not able to find Ospho locally. I could not even find a place on the internet where I could by one quart. I did check the Ospho website and could not find anyone selling less than case quantity. What I was able to purchase was PPG Chemfil DX579 metal cleaner.

I was hoping to hear what products and brands folks have good luck with.

-- TBD

(P.S. if you happen to know of a national chain that carries Ospho, I'd love to hear about that too.)
Most marine stores carry Ospho.

·
Banned
159 Posts
I have heard that Eastwoods Fast Etch is good,I am also looking for different brands of acid etches.......do they all leave a zinc phosphate coating or is this something you have to specifically look for in the different brands? Im new to this so excuse my lack o knowledge on this subject.... gotta start somewhere eh! :thumbup:
GM

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.