Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
NEVER use credit cards!
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mirror fell off exterior mirror on my 72 CAMer-o, have a new one, looks like a plastic plate where it was glued to, old glue looks like old yellowed clear glue of some kind, after i scrape that crud off, what should i use to glue it back on. want to make sure it doesnt dissolve the back of the mirror.

[ January 24, 2003: Message edited by: bullheimer ]</p>

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have used silicone sealer for this and it works well. Put a couple of dabs of it on the plastic backing and temporarily tape the mirror in place till the silicone cures. Should hold just fine.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Alot of the new cars are going with the double stick tape, (like the tape used for side molding)

·
NEVER use credit cards!
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
morecheese greasyass! i have sillycone, not doublebacked tape, so i'll be trying that this time. byw the above is spanish for much thanks!

·
doesn't play well with others
1,823 Posts
Super Weatherstrip Adhesive (in tube, not spray can) is yellow in color. That might be what was on there. Stuff is pretty strong but takes a while to dry.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Late model widshields are glued in with a urethane glue. I would get some of that stuff. It will not come off again guaranteed.

chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts