Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
engine build finally started: 388 cast crank, forged rods, forged 11:1 pistons balanced and blueprinted....will be using a smaller roller cam, unsure as to which one for sure thinking maybe comp: #12-433-8, want it to fly under the radar Question is which heads should I use to get best results:
afr 66cc 195 street,
64cc world motown lites 220,
64cc dart pro 1 215
also thinking will use a single plane intake along with a healthy shot of juice.
Going into a 86 monte ss determined to set a little ford community straight!

·
Registered
840 Posts
I agree with Cold Knock regarding the compression. 11.0:1 is pretty high. I think, though, that I'd give serious consideration to the AFR heads. They are really supposed to be good, and they will accomodate something on the order of 10.5 with that cam, I'd guess (that is a GUESS). You might looker at the larger chamber AFR heads (rumored by everyone to flow better than the smaller chamber heads, everyone except AFR that is :)).

Good luck with your project.

Pat

·
Banned
211 Posts
:nono: Ohhhhhhhh, coldknock, you ain't suppose to advertise for a business in here, someone will cry. I asked about a shop and someone jumped in my soupe and whined. I just asked if they wanted cheese with it. I really dont care, but someone will cry.

Shortdog, I don't think there will be to many Fords hidding under any rocks over a smallum blockum shivy in a G body. I am sure there will be another guy faster than you once you make your presence on the street. Maybe you should slip in a Big Block Mopar in that G body and show them how its really done. Oh yea, Poston makes a behind the rear seat brace that will help keep the roof from cracking just in front of the top section of the opera window. Or you can make them yourself, I did. Replace all the body mount bushings with polly bushings, watch your fingers and work safely, I almost lost one when the body slipped off the support I had holding it up. Don't forget either the Olds cutlass or Buick regal had "all" body mount bushings in place so be sure to put all the bushings from the kit in your car. I think the Monte even the SS may have not come from the factory with all the bushings in place. Look in the junk yards for the cutlass and regals for radiator X brace and the front cross member brace. All this stuff helps tie the car together and helps keep that roof from cracking when you drop the hammer on that Mopar engine in it. Don't forget to gear this thing, they are not that light but they can really handle if you know what your doing.

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
Quench-

You can post links to different businesses. You see links for summit racing or Gear vendors transmissions, Richmond etc all the time. You just can't advertise your own business either generally or as a solution to somebody's problem in a public area.

So: Generally mentioning a business and where to find parts: Ok.
Advertising your own business and your own parts as a solution or generally: not ok.

I was confused about this when these guidelines first came out. I wonder what situation you were talking about where somebody got into it with you? Anyway, lets not sidetrack the thread, just wanted to clear that up.

More info:
Business guidelines

General Guidelines

K

·
Banned
211 Posts
Roger that.

I am not that brand loyal except when it comes to a sb chevy, everyone got one so thats why I say use something different. You think about it, a BB Mopar is laid out just like a sb chevy except they made it convenient for you to get to the distributor and or remove the intake without water issues.
I would love to see the faces of your crowd when you popped the hood and closed it real quick who would know really what kind of chevy engine that was with a distributor up front pointing off to the pass side.
G bodies are lots of fun and can help you out a little more if you have questions. The last one I had was a 87 cutlass with a mild 350 "OLDSMOBILE" engine in it. Think of the possibilities, besides putting in a BB Mopar you can put in a 455 Buick, Olds or Pontiac in it and really clean house. The Buick 455 stripped down to street fighter trim weighs close to a sb chevy and has 105 more cubes to boot, the distributor will just be pointing over to the driver side, :D .

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i am going to start out w/stock rear end and gear :3.73's and have a pro built 700r4 good to 500hp. I have already got some of the extra bracing--thanks to a monte ss forum, and have a rear engine mount plate to install as well if needed. The local track is a 1/8th mile and to be honest a 8.0 or there close is what I'm hoping for, as well as being able to drive it the 30 miles there and back!

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
QuenchPiston said:
:nono: Ohhhhhhhh, coldknock, you ain't suppose to advertise for a business in here, someone will cry. I asked about a shop and someone jumped in my soupe and whined. I just asked if they wanted cheese with it. I really dont care, but someone will cry.

Shortdog, I don't think there will be to many Fords hidding under any rocks over a smallum blockum shivy in a G body. I am sure there will be another guy faster than you once you make your presence on the street. Maybe you should slip in a Big Block Mopar in that G body and show them how its really done. Oh yea, Poston makes a behind the rear seat brace that will help keep the roof from cracking just in front of the top section of the opera window. Or you can make them yourself, I did. Replace all the body mount bushings with polly bushings, watch your fingers and work safely, I almost lost one when the body slipped off the support I had holding it up. Don't forget either the Olds cutlass or Buick regal had "all" body mount bushings in place so be sure to put all the bushings from the kit in your car. I think the Monte even the SS may have not come from the factory with all the bushings in place. Look in the junk yards for the cutlass and regals for radiator X brace and the front cross member brace. All this stuff helps tie the car together and helps keep that roof from cracking when you drop the hammer on that Mopar engine in it. Don't forget to gear this thing, they are not that light but they can really handle if you know what your doing.
better yet put that smallblock down in a s10

1 - 8 of 8 Posts