Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Smell of Nitro in the morn
2,411 Posts
Michigan, there are many cruise's thru the state weekly and one of the largest in the world is the Woodward Dream Cruise with over 18 miles long and 4 lanes each way, 9 different city's with different shows going on, plus over 1 million people.
Hate the weather, only 6 months of good driving time so we have to make it the best while we can. :thumbup:

·
Administrator
18,433 Posts
As a pretty regular visitor to the US, I would have to say Indianna.............world centre of racing.

Of course, I havn't been to California yet..........Going in Feb.

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
yeah its michigan. Not only do we have the events listed above, but we have the big three and the motor city, the birthplace of all american iron. Furhtermore, people understand hotrods here. You can't go to one city in michigan in the summer that doesn't have some kind of hotrod gathering.

We love our cars.

K

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,858 Posts
Ca. has its' upside and downside. Upside, little rust, clean older iron. Downside, high prices for iron, SMOG laws. Ponch, where in Ca. are you going to be? Dan

·
Administrator
18,433 Posts
dinger said:
. Ponch, where in Ca. are you going to be? Dan
Not really sure...Visiting in laws in Arizona. They said they are going to take us in their motorhome to the coast. I imagine straight accross from Phoenix to San Diego area. Sister in law wants to visit Hollywood, don't know if I like that idea too much..................

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
Wherever you can do it and afford it.I know we will hear Ohio.But with one cop every mile sitting on the side of the interstae I would not fall for that line.Every year we go to Kings Island and my kids count The Fuzz as we cruise up there.100,101,102,103,Daddy we have only been in Ohio for 7 minutes.

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,858 Posts
bowtiebabe72 said:
the "fuzz" eh...
Have you ever been picked up by the fuzz?

Hurts, doesn't it?

·
Just one of the guys
3,074 Posts
Wherever you can do it and afford it.I know we will hear Ohio.But with one cop every mile sitting on the side of the interstae I would not fall for that line.Every year we go to Kings Island and my kids count The Fuzz as we cruise up there.100,101,102,103,Daddy we have only been in Ohio for 7 minutes.
Correct statement about the cops. You can run the interstate for miles at 75-85 and the traffic flow is nice. You hit Ohio and the popo is waiting at the border. Traffic slows to a crawl and a couple of miles up the road you can almost be guaranteed an accident of one kind or another. Everyone from out of state complains about the cops in Ohio.

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
Dont get me wrong.I a m not knocking on Ohio.It is like anyother state.Once you get thru the city it is nice.But The Fuzz are all over that state.

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
PA is a terrible hot rod state, I think I own every tire mark in Oxford.

You guy would love PA State Troopers, they almost don't care how fast you drive. I run the same stretch of highway going to school everyday, Route 1. In my 20 miles on Route 1 I pass 3 state police barracks. The odds of seeing one shooting radar is about 1 in 100. Everyone speeds on route 1. The right lane is for 10-15 over the 55 mph limit and the right lane is for 20-25 over. Now that is just for heavy morning and 3 pm traffic. Late at night or early in the morning, drive as fast as you want.

·
Instagram: partsretriever
1,622 Posts
1BAD80 said:
Michigan, there are many cruise's thru the state weekly and one of the largest in the world is the Woodward Dream Cruise with over 18 miles long and 4 lanes each way, 9 different city's with different shows going on, plus over 1 million people.
Hate the weather, only 6 months of good driving time so we have to make it the best while we can. :thumbup:
12 months of driving weather; AMC jeeps and K5 Jimmys are fun, wish I had one.:thumbup:

Stupid FWD cars, all they're good for is stupid "drunk" donuts.:rolleyes: AKA "reverse donuts"

There's a nice Jeep, AMC era, v8, open headers and then turn-downs (cool, my dad would kill me, so be it, lol), I think probably a 304. In my photo album... how much should i offer the guy?:mwink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts