Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After trying to buy a new tip for my older divilbiss finishlne HVLP I have decided to just use it for primer and get a new gun.Any sugestions on what would be the best one to go with for around $300?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Try <a href="http://www.autobodystore.com-" target="_blank">www.autobodystore.com-</a> I have tried 5 differant guns trying to find one that sprayed like my Binks model 7. Most HVLP guns spray to slow for me. I now have a SATA 2000. Most people in the bussiness have it. I payed around $450 for mine ...they might be cheaper now. It's also been a yr since I bought it & there might be some other ones as good now. Don

[ January 31, 2003: Message edited by: Don Meyer ]</p>

·
Registered
49 Posts
I really like the sata digital 2000 gun, I use mine alot it has a 1.3 tip in it I use it for clear.But its hard to have one gun to do all the jobs I also have a couple devilbiss mellinium GTI model guns they come in a kit with a 1.3 1.4 1.5 nozzel kits they break up paint very well and the extra air caps make them very versatile.With the sata guns you have to buy extra nozzle kits to get the different sizes and there about 169.00 each.The sata guns are around 425.00.The devilbiss gun kit is about 325.00

·
Registered
35 Posts
I like the sata nr 2000 also. The nr95's don't spray bad either. Careful with the digital guns. Heard alot of people have problems with thinner ruining the digital air pressure gauge. It somehow leaks into it when they clean them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts