Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
The best sanders made by a big margin is the "Dynabrade" brand.
Next best is the "Hutchins" line.

·
Premium Member
8,453 Posts
I have been abusing one of these for 20 years. Finally wore out the fiber vanes in the air motor about 6 or 7 years ago and replaced them for ~$5 and still going strong. If this is half as good, I wouldn't have a second thought about buying one. I have a strong suspicion that all the name-brand guys get their high priced air tools from the same Chinese factories that Harbor Freight does.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I have two like that one, paid $149 for the first one but $179 for the last one. Do a search on Internet and just start looking.

·
Registered
85 Posts
[email][email protected][/email] said:
I have been abusing one of these for 20 years. Finally wore out the fiber vanes in the air motor about 6 or 7 years ago and replaced them for ~$5 and still going strong. If this is half as good, I wouldn't have a second thought about buying one. I have a strong suspicion that all the name-brand guys get their high priced air tools from the same Chinese factories that Harbor Freight does.
ditto, and the cheap rolls of paper from the same place :)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Do a search on ebay for Dynabrade.
There is a guy selling new Dynabrades all the time. Great prices, he CAN NOT be beat. Abrasive supply I believe the name is.
I bought the second best model they offer for around 140 bucks.
From my understanding Dynabrade makes three sanders.
Red top-automotive
Gray top-Industrial
Black top-Severe usage.

Ive got the Gray top sander and Love it!!!

Guy I work with believes Harbor Freight is the best thing since sliced bread. His tools dont have anywhere NEAR the power or speed as any name brand tool. Plus he is always returning them cause they break.

National Detroit makes a good sander in the DA and EZQ. The EZQ is a smoother sanding then DA sander, has it doesnt have the wobble the DA has. But I love my DA

·
Premium Member
8,453 Posts
sevt_chevelle said:
Do a search on ebay for Dynabrade.
There is a guy selling new Dynabrades all the time. Great prices, he CAN NOT be beat. Abrasive supply I believe the name is.
I bought the second best model they offer for around 140 bucks.
From my understanding Dynabrade makes three sanders.
Red top-automotive
Gray top-Industrial
Black top-Severe usage.

Ive got the Gray top sander and Love it!!!

Guy I work with believes Harbor Freight is the best thing since sliced bread. His tools dont have anywhere NEAR the power or speed as any name brand tool. Plus he is always returning them cause they break.

National Detroit makes a good sander in the DA and EZQ. The EZQ is a smoother sanding then DA sander, has it doesnt have the wobble the DA has. But I love my DA
I agree totally, HF would not be my first choice of I made a living with the tools. However, as a serious armature, I would not be able to afford top of the line and have all the tools that HF affords me. And, as I stated above, I have had many of their air tools for nearly 2 decades of abusive service (i.e., oil them once a year whether they need it or not!) and have yet to have a catastrophic failure. If f I did, I can still afford to buy three of them for the price of one big named one.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I buy tools based on how I use them. My main 6" DA is a decent Ingersol - it sees the most use. My 8" is a Florida Pneumatic (ever hear of them?) $50 and it takes the big stuff down real fast. Spend more for the tools you use most and praise Harbor Freight for the ones you need occasionally.

·
Registered
717 Posts
i have to go with dynabrade. i have a couple of thier orbitals and they are great. use to work at an industrial type factory and they used only dynabrade. if you could only have seen the abuse some of those sanders went through and they kept going like new. you can try www.aaabrasives.com. not sure how their prices compare.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts