Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to back half my regular cab S10. I want to run a 4 link with all 4 bars running forward with a panhard if nessesary. The only requirements are it must contain a 10bolt rear end that's narrowed 5 inches overall. Any advice on bar location or coilover choice welcome.

·
More for Less Racer
20,945 Posts
Which 10-bolt rear are you going to use?? If you are racing it or plan on any real power using the factory original 7.5" 10-bolt you are just wasting time and money using it, it WILL NOT hold up. What do you intend to do with the finished truck?? Race or street??

Easiest to install, best hooking set-up is Calvert Racing Cal-Trac bars and the Cal-Trac Split Mono leaf spring package with an adjustable shock like the Rancho 9000x that they recommend. Comp Engineering Slide-a-link or Smith Racecraft Max-Traxx are similar set ups.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice. ill check into the cal-trac stuff.
Its a factory 10 bolt 7.5" rear end that i picked up cheap just so i can run a 300+ mm rear tire. i understand that its not going to handle the power after a motor swap but for now my modded 4.3 wont hurt it. i plan on driving the truck everywhere and often but my main desire is to have it stick in the corners. i will also be incorporating a rear sway bar.

·
More for Less Racer
20,945 Posts
If you are after handling, you are going to want a 4-bar (4 equal length parallel link bars), not a drag race type 4-link or the Cal-Trac type stuff I mentioned previously.

You might also be able to make use of a 3-link if you are willing to build it, it might be your ideal set-up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can you please describe the 3 link idea? two bars running from the bottom of my axle forward and a beefed up panhard running parallel to the axle? would the coil options you suggested still be sufficient?

·
Philippines Cowboy
888 Posts
ericnova72 said:
If you are after handling, you are going to want a 4-bar (4 equal length parallel link bars), not a drag race type 4-link or the Cal-Trac type stuff I mentioned previously.

You might also be able to make use of a 3-link if you are willing to build it, it might be your ideal set-up.
I agree. And, the 4bar can be set up to give the same driveshaft torque cancelling effect as an asymmetric 3link.
http://www.racetec.cc/shope

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.