Hot Rod Forum banner

Best towing cam for stock 350 in a 94 chevy C3500

573 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  55_327
Hey guys I'm new here and im cam dumb.

I have a stock 350 in a 94 chevy C3500 and im wanting to put a new cam in the old girl. This is a farm truck/daily driver, so i need good highway rpm and torque with also a good low end torque for pulling hay wagons and stock trailers etc. It would be cool if it could sound pretty good too if im just driving around and stopped at lights, but its not necessary.

Also, i was wondering what a good highway speed (75) rpm is? Right now im running about 2500rpm while driving 75mph on the highway with no load. That seems high to me, but i don't know.

Basically just tell me what i need and I'll stab it in. Lol. Thanks guys.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
2,901 Posts
If this still has TBI injection, you need a cam that the stock computer can adjust to and work effectively. Bogie suggested something around 195/202 duration, which is probably not much more aggressive than the stock TBI cam ( I think it’s in the upper 180’s). However, if you combine it with a good dual exhaust system it will help your power, and sound better. You are restricted by the capabilities of the stock computer.

2500 rpm at 75 mph is about what I expected, since my K25 with TH350 and 4.10 gears runs about 2500 rpm at 60 mph. If you want lower rpm you might just swap to bigger tires and get a good looking stance at the same time. Stock tires on my truck are about 31” and it’s common to use up to 33’s without any lift kit. I’m not sure if the newer trucks have the same space/height.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts