Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
9,699 Posts
Carb cleaner works wonders, make sure you clean your needles and other anodized parts separately. ;)

· Premium Member
9,699 Posts
I would be concerned about the carb cleaner residue that may be in the gun coming out in a nice paint job and screwing it up, it only takes a little to make a panel need re-shooting. I'd go with the lacquer thinner.<hr></blockquote>

Caustic soda carb cleaner washes out with hot water so residue is not an issue, as a matter of fact your gun will never get any cleaner. My guns are stored in paint cans full of Methyl Ethyl Ketone (cheaper than paint thinner) and only need tip assy and siphon tube installation to be ready to shoot. I keep them stored this way because it is sometimes years between uses and it keeps the seals from drying out (cheap thinner will dry out the seals in my old siphon guns). They still look and work like new even after 20 years of use and storage.

This is how we stored our guns when I worked for Boeing. ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.