Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any advice on cleaning a clogged spray gun? I thought I rinsed it out well but I obviouly did not. It opens to let the material out but it just clogs up. There is a bunch of dried paint in there. I tried taking off the tip and and it won't come off. Any ideas? Also is are there guns that won't let you change the tip? Kind of a disposable gun. It was a cheap gun. About $100. Last question. Any advice on gun cleaning if you don't have a gun cleaner? I try to rinse it with a lacquer (sp?) thinner but that didn't seem to do that well. Thanks :D

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I appreciate the help. I am going to try the carb cleaner. I have cleaned it pretty well but it always seems to clog when I am painting. Especially primer about a minute or two into laying down a coat. Think I am not adding enough activator or something? It's 4:1. I am using mixing cups. I am probably doing something ignorant. Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.