Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I'm re-installing the inboard side of the evaporator case on the AC on my 70 GTO and I need to seal it up. The foam seals around the hoses are good, what I need is the best way to seal around the case where the case halves meet in the middle and where the case meets the firewall. When I took it off it seems like the prior sealant was some sort of rubber or ashpalty based seal that goes into the groove around the case and on the firewall. It definitely wasn't just silicone, although I could use that but I'm concerned about how hard it would be to get this thing off the next time I need to. I looked in my catalogs I have here and online for gaskets for this but couldn't find any. Any suggestions?

Mike

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Take a look at what I ordered. It's Flex PASTE not Flex seal. It's rubber paste. I'm thinking it might be ok to use because it will be a little easier to apply with my caulk gun than the butyl tape but it will still be possible to separate the halves down the road.

the other question I have is if I should seal the space around the evaporator within the case. I'm thinking it might help make it more efficient but don't want to have it freeze. Some of the spaces were sealed when I took it apart and some were not. Se pic and thanks for the help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.