Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
:welcome: WELCOME to Hotrodders.com :welcome:

Because this is more of a engine question, as a Moderator here ... I am going to move it to the Engine area ... so it will be seen by engine tuners and hopefully they will be able to help you

Deuce ... Moderator

·
Not Considered a Senior Member
10,722 Posts
Did you read the instructions? demons aren`t like other carbs, there very precise. When there right, they give great performance, when there not, they don`t work too well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Demon carb

I haven't tried to adjust mine yet but I know that Barrygrant.com provides comprehensive information on their products. Plus try ChevyTalk.com (assuming the best case scenario) and similar forums. Lots of information is available because of the carb's "uniqueness".

·
Technical Support Barry Grant
1,500 Posts
What are you working with, and what problems are you having?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
demon tunning

I have a 79 vette with a TH350 tranny and a 355 rear. The engine is a 355 cid with:
Comp cam kit #CS XE256H-10
Heads (HRS P#12401)
Carb (DEMON P#4402020ue) Road demon 725
Im running the timming at 14 BTDC. The problem is an off idle stumble and a very rich mixture at idle. Im unable to fix one problem with out creating another.
I have used both a tach and a vacume gauge. Is there any secret to tunning this carb using these methods? Im just not satisfied.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Will

·
Technical Support Barry Grant
1,500 Posts
Will,

A 725 Road Demon would seem large for this combination, which could lead to a situation like this. We may be able to give you some things to try to crutch the situation, but a smaller carburetor would have been advised on this engine. At this point we'll need some more information:
Where do you have your idle mixture screws set at?
Float levels?
What RPM is the engine idling at?
How much of the front, and rear transfer slots do you have exposed at this point?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts