Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lost in the 60's
15,258 Posts
Lets be realistic about this OK? :D Your project just went to at least 20 yrs. ;)

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Depends on whether your hobby income from festivals will pay the project's way or is there any?
I managed to have a lot of projects over the years from buying and selling old car parts at swapmeets and on eBay. Got some together, others not, always had something. They don't eat so why let 'em go.
Kids are better but they do give you lip sooner or later. My twin girls, now 30, grew up with old cars and still want one for their very own. I plan on finishing or at least getting up and running and inspected, a car(I have enough bits to build about 2 more TBuckets and my 29 Tudor Model A) for each of them. My 22 year old son has the 57 Chevrolet BelAir 2 door sedan which was his first car, now needing paint and interior, and drives a 2002 Mustang. Won't sell the Chevy though, it was a bequest from a dying friend of mine.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Henry Highrise said:
Lets be realistic about this OK? :D Your project just went to at least 20 yrs. ;)
Or maybe more. :D Congrats!!! :thumbup: I bet you won't be a father just once. It is hard to beleive how one could live without them when you don't have them; but once you have them you can't live without them.

Then there is always college. My daughter got one degree and my son two. He is paying me back for degree number two.

But with careful budgeting and lots of used parts you can build a car or truck. Overtime helps too.

I often found though that when I had some money I didn't have the time, and when I had some time I didn't have the money.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:D great looking bunch.
I'm looking foward to having mine I just have 8months till he/she gets here I'm soo excited . :cool:

·
Race The Truck
675 Posts
Kids can't wait to have them, spend the next 20 years trying to get rid of them. LOL
8 months hmmm better do all you can now you will not get a chance for the next 20 years.
You will now be the new project manager working day and night night and day. People skills a must attitude adjustment a must and lets not forget time out.
Lets see your going to need the following tools to be a great dad a belt wooden paddle gas mask aspirin 500mg time out corner with chair a shot glass and you best whiskey NoDoz's or a larger coffee pot track shoes. Better become real good and giving back and foot rubs to the wife Oh you also need a superman suit when they become a teenager. This is where you find out how good a project manager you are.

Best of luck with kids.

Craig

1 - 8 of 8 Posts