Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on running e85 on my 498 Stroker, I already have a Holley e85 carburetor and an adequate e85 fuel pump and filters. I've been searching trying to learn what all else is needed. I have a regulator and some synthetic rubber fuel lines in my shopping cart, but my main question is what to do about the fuel tank.
I haven't installed the oe fuel tank yet and was looking for information on having the fuel pump in the tank vs outside the tank and should I get some kind of aftermarket fuel tank? Also trying to keep the costs at a minimum.

·
More for Less Racer
19,365 Posts
Nothing wrong with a stock tank, especially since the car has built in mounting provisions already versus having to hack things up to fit a fuel cell.

About the only concern with a stock tank is the size of the fuel pick-up line in the tank, the factory set-up is only 3/8" line at best, but there is a 1/3" line version available from RobbMc.

Welcome to RobbMc Performance Products

With a new tank, you also have an easy option of adding a weld-on sump to it, if you want the race type low and to the rear connection point..

I am personally not a fan of in-tank pumps used with carbs, in-tank pumps are a high pressure fuel injection type of thing, not needed with a low pressure carb system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts