Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stupid question. Where is the oil pressure sender located on a 1972 402 Big Block Chevy.This block came to me with plugs everywhere. I know it's somewhere next to the oil filter but which hole?Can someone send me a pic if available.

·
Registered
9,050 Posts
Usually the oil pressure is tapped into the hole just above the oil filter boss. Some blocks use a larger hole than others. It is tapped standard pipe thread.

Oil pressure readings can be taken from any of the lower left side oil galley plugs. Including the front one.

·
http://www.warsprints.com
2,024 Posts
Blacktop Motorsports said:
I have a stupid question. Where is the oil pressure sender located on a 1972 402 Big Block Chevy.This block came to me with plugs everywhere. I know it's somewhere next to the oil filter but which hole?Can someone send me a pic if available.
I don't have a pic but the one I use on my 461 is toward the front of the block on the driver side. It is located below and forward of the front freeze plug. That will give you a more accurate indication of the oil pressure to the front main. It is a 1/4" NPT hole.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.