Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K guys, I have a question for you big block guys. I'm going to be setting up an exhaust on my 67' Biscayne, and for now I will be using the current y-pipe on my 307 (someone had one done at some point and is fairly decent in size, 2" pipes from collectors into 2.5 y-pipe) into a single inlet muffler with dual outlets and running 2 Z28 style tips exiting right before the rear tire on the drivers side. I have the tips setup in there now and they look pretty good IMO. In the future, I'm thinking this thing might get a Big Block. It'll be awhile but wondering if I could run a single 3" off a y-pipe on a big block or would it be too restrictive? The BBC would be a torque monster, not a high HP mill. I'm thinking maybe 350-400hp and looking for high 400's in torque (should pull my car trailer just fine lol) if I end up doing this. I'm thinking it should be too big of a deal, maybe lose a few on the top end but anyone else want to chime in? I know guys making 500+ on small blocks through a 3" y-pipe, but don't know too many with big blocks. I'd be going for a stock looking engine under the hood and would be using some cast hi-po manifolds on it. Thanks guys!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.