Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if they make custom motor mounts to install a big block chevy in a 82-92 camaro?

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wyomingoutlaw said:
why would you need custom mounts? doesn't it have a small block chevy in it now, b/c they use the same mounts in the same location...
it had a smallblock in it but i didnt know if they use the same location or not. so are you saying the bigblock will bolt in where the smallblock did?

·
Registered
37 Posts
yes; I'm not saying your hood will close or your master cylinder will clear or your exhaust will clear or any of the hundreds of other problems that may become an issue, but yes, big block chevys and small block chevy share the same motor mounts, are the same distance from the mounts to the transmission, and both have the same bell housing bolt pattern. hope this helps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
runn141 said:
does anyone know if they make custom motor mounts to install a big block chevy in a 82-92 camaro?
keep me posted on how your project goes, sounds like it would be awsome
any info you will need would go to thirdgen.org I think they have info on the beast you are about to build

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cosmo420 said:
keep me posted on how your project goes, sounds like it would be awsome
any info you will need would go to thirdgen.org I think they have info on the beast you are about to build
it will be awhile before i get to it i have the car but not the motor yet. right know im working on a smallblock s10

1 - 6 of 6 Posts