Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I have a 1954 Chevy 5 window mounted on top of an 1982 Chevy S10 Frame.
The rear end is out of a 4x4 S10.
I want to go with bigger disk breaks in the front and I want to convert the drums in the back to Disk breaks also. I really don't want to go out and spend $1500 on after market kit.

I heard that I could take the 1998 S10 Blazer disk brakes and they will bolt up no problem. Has any one done this type of thing?

All suggestions are welcome.
Thanks everyone
--Stars Brother

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Stars54 said:
Hi All,
I have a 1954 Chevy 5 window mounted on top of an 1982 Chevy S10 Frame.
The rear end is out of a 4x4 S10.
I want to go with bigger disk breaks in the front and I want to convert the drums in the back to Disk breaks also. I really don't want to go out and spend $1500 on after market kit.

I heard that I could take the 1998 S10 Blazer disk brakes and they will bolt up no problem. Has any one done this type of thing?

All suggestions are welcome.
Thanks everyone
--Stars Brother
yes i have, they will bolt up no problem, but mine was out of 2wd blazer 2000 model because the 4wd rear is 4inches wider but if your 54 model bed is wider you should be alright with 4wd.on the front im using stock but in JC Whitney they have factory replacement cross drilled rotors for s10s. im also using steel braided brake lines that helps alot.

·
Registered
42 Posts
you can also use rear diskes off a 94 and up camaro.everything bolts on with no mods. only v8 camaros use disk rears.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts