Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i own a 91 mustang, 302, supercharged. I am wondering abot the best way to make more horsepower. With my current setup I have right at 400 ponies under the hood. I want to get to 600 horses or somewhere in that neighborhood. It is not a daily driver because I have other vehicles, so being 100% streetable is not a issue. I don't want an all out race car, I want it to be streetable to a certain extent. My question is this, should I ditch the 302 and go with a bigger motor such as a 351 or 460? or should i stroke the 302 to say a 347 or 331. I want to go bigger but I also want to keep the supercharger I have. Thanks in advance guys. Car is a 5 speed and is fuel injected.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
:D

There is NO replacement for DISPLACEMENT.........

It is a lot easier to get 600 horsepower out of a BigBlock than a small block. That said.........I would bore and stroke the little motor. Everything bolts up and not a lot of cutting and hacking.

Plus..............you can smile and tell everyone it's "just a 5.0 "

:D

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
I would have to say go 347, there are several companies that sell kits, make sure you get one that keeps the piston pin hole from intersecting with the oil ring grooves.

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
600 HP? Not that tough with a blower, but extra displacement is going to help greatly. Is your old blower going to support all the new cubes?

K

1 - 4 of 4 Posts