Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Glad To Be Here
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a question that I should know the answer to.

I'm just not sure so I'm posting it here.

I've installed hydraulic brakes many times and had no problem in bleeding them. None had a power booster though.

On my new project I am installing disc brakes all around and am using a dual diaphram booster/MC combo. It is mounted below the floor.

Here's the question. Do I bleed this system the same way as one without a booster? Will the pumping of the pedal mess up the booster when there is no vacuum on it?

I just don't want to mess the booster up before I get to try out the brakes.

Another question.

Does the adjustable proportioning valve (for the rear brakes) get installed in the line before or after the 2psi residual valve? I have seen diagrams showing it both before and after the residual valve.

Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
18,635 Posts
You won't hurt the booster.

One thing I have been wondering though. Does your MC have to be higher than your calipres? I would think that gravity would cause it to overflow if it is lower.

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
buy a vaccum bleeder pump

I got tired of the pump and hold method.......the pump isn't that expensive. There are books on making up new brake setups, the book isn't expensive either.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.