Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a new dual daphragm booster in my '37 Ford and am bleeding the brakes. The rear calipers have two bleeders on the top of the caliper, one inboard, one outboard. In the Wilwood documents they say to bleed the outboard first and that's all ok, but when I bleed the rear calipers, I get a small fountain of brake fluid, say an inch high or so. When I bleed the front calipers, the fountain could be 8 inches high and bleeds a lot more volume than the back with each release. Is this normal? I know the front brakes do the most work, but seems odd that each pump on the pedal pushes out so much less fluid that the front. Thanks, Bill

·
1949 Ford Coupe RESURRECTION
1,046 Posts
There is a pressure loss due to hydraulic friction within the longer lines between the fluid and the lines. Gee, you didn't put a tube on the bleeders to keep it from spraying all over the place ??? Since it seems as if you are finished (I guess), tell us how your pedal feels?.. the only thing that is important is that there is no air in the system. To assure no air, go over to AutoZone and get one of these:

No bubbles, you are good...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a pressure loss due to hydraulic friction within the longer lines between the fluid and the lines. Gee, you didn't put a tube on the bleeders to keep it from spraying all over the place ??? Since it seems as if you are finished (I guess), tell us how your pedal feels?.. the only thing that is important is that there is no air in the system. To assure no air, go over to AutoZone and get one of these:

No bubbles, you are good...
I bleeders are so small on the Wilwood calipers, I can't get a hose on them with the wrench to turn them in place. I/4" wrench, the hose would need to be 1/8" or so, if the wrench wasn't on. Once the wrench is on, there's not enough of the bleeder valve exposed to put to hose on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.