Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey.
Can anyone give me a link or some closeup pics of a blower motor. Prefer sbc, but any ideas will work. Im just wanting to see how some are set up as far as belts, alternator ect....
Mainly front shots. Tnx, HG :D

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats sweet 32Vicky!!!
Are you running a crank hub on it? I just bought a steel, 8 inch chrome balancer and some guys are telling me to have three xtr holes drilled in the balancer for the crank pully and have an extra keyway drilled. You do any of this?
Im only gonna have the blower belt, alternator belt and thats it! Im using a electric water pump, so Im trying to figure the best way to hook up my alt belt.
Thanks for the pics. Way Cool. HG:thumbup:

·
Registered
24 Posts
hey 32vicky nice set up
what distributor are you running
hei or points??? part # would be cool too

hemmi depends on the type of car you running
you could use a low mount alt bracket
i will be doing that alt crank p/s pump
nice and low out of sight

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm not running a balancer, only a crank hub (with 2 keyways). Don't try to drive a blower this size with only one keyway. I don't know if the smaller blowers can get away with one keyway.

The serpentine pulley fits the crank hub and the spacer bolts to the crank hub, securing the pulley.

The blower pulley then mounts to the spacer.

As a fair warning, none of the parts bolted right up. The serpentine pulley and spacer were both modified. Make sure it is all secured to the crank with a bolt. I was told that the bolt wasn't required and nearly lost the entire assembly. I then did additional modifications to allow a center bolt.

For your set-up, you shouldn't need the spacer since the v-belt is a lot narrower than the serpentine.

The distributor is a MSD Pro Billet 8360. It's small enough to work with the blower.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts